Ōrākei Marina is a 180-berth marina constructed on the western side of the Ōkahu Bay boat maintenance facility, on the Waitematā Harbour.
Dredging of approximately 140,000m3 of sands and sandstone material was required, along with construction of two breakwaters totalling 550m in length.
The breakwaters consisted of dredged sandstone as the core material, and were armoured with two layers of basalt rock armour.
Marina parking areas were provided on a concrete wharf structure, along with paving and servicing on existing land. All stormwater was treated prior to discharge.
- Geotechnical investigations
- Design of breakwaters and dredging
- Design of stormwater and pavements
- Assessment of effects for coastal processes
- Construction monitoring and testing