This bypass project involved design and construction of a 1km-long rail deviation around the Kai Iwi Tunnel.
The new alignment required a 300m-long and 30m-high cutting.
- Consultation for planning consents
- Geomorphic and sub-surface site investigation
- Preparation of geological and geotechnical models
- Rail embankment and associated drainage design
- Stream erosion protection works and stock overpass bridge design
- Cutting stability analysis and design
- Tendering and contractor selection
- Construction technical support