This project involved construction of a palisade pile wall to stabilise the existing cliff, and a cantilevered lookout structure.
This was completed with a boardwalk that includes a commemoration plaque for the sailors killed on HMS Achilles, a naval flagpole and an iwi totem pole. Attractive landscaping included a low-level stone wall, seating and paved areas.
We provided highly innovative solutions to design the required infrastructure around numerous clifftop pohutukawa tree roots.
- Cliff regression monitoring and site investigation
- Mapping of tree roots
- Geotechnical design of tied-back ground anchored palisade pile walls
- Structural design of palisade walls, anchor head and capping beams
- Structural design of lookout structure and boardwalk
- Subsoil drainage design
- Construction Monitoring service as Engineers Representative