This project was implemented following landslips that occurred after heavy rainfall in 2004.
A significant contributing cause to the slips was stormwater runoff and soakage, as well as soakage from septic tank systems at residential developments at the top of the escarpment.
Stabilising of the escarpment required installation of stormwater and wastewater drainage systems to convey water away from the escarpment.
This work required installation of more than 9km of pipeline, some of it drilled, through the cliff face of the escarpment.
- Geotechnical investigations
- Stormwater drainage design
- Wastewater drainage design
- Design of discharge structures
- Horizontal directional drilling
- Property owner consultation
- Consent applications
- Compilation of tender documents and tender administration
- Construction monitoring