Institutional Strengthening in Catchment Management Planning associated with the Strengthening Water Resources Assessment and Management (SWRAM) Project, Bureau of Water Resources, Department of Environment and Conservation, Papua New Guinea for the World Meteorological Organisation/UNDP. Responsibilities included “hands-on” training centred around completion of formal management plans for selected catchments in the Western and Eastern Highlands of PNG.
- Scoping of catchment management issues
- Training in catchment planning processes
- Assessment and analysis of hydrological data
- Environmental impact assessment- assessment of social issues and traditional land uses
- Assessment of sanitation and water quality issues related to coffee and tea processing
- Setting policies and implementation strategies to achieve management goals
- Training in management plan preparation