This run-of-river hydro power project consisted of two independent hydro schemes in cascade - one upstream 16.5 MW and the second downstream and 26 MW, totalling 42.5 MW.
The project consisted of:
- Intake weirs on the two main rivers plus three tributary weirs
- Conveyance tunnels totalling 2.3km-long
- Low pressure steel conveyance and pipelines
- 70,000 and 50,000 m3 headpond storages
- Desanding basins
- Steel penstocks some 7.4 km-long in total
- Two surface power houses with tailrace channels and switchyards
- Extensive access roading
- Construction contract (civil, mechanical and electrical, and transmission) project management
- High level client support for lenders and insurers
- Detailed design of power houses and advice on other structures
- Specialist tunnel advice
- Design review.