Our civil engineering consulting capability has grown in response to demand for specialist services for infrastructure and land development services.
Tonkin + Taylor has a strong track record in dam design with projects involving concrete and steel structure design, spillways, penstocks, bridges, inlet structures, power stations and CAD design.
Our team is skilled at managing diverse project inputs effectively. You will receive a high level of team commitment, efficiency and productivity.
Key capabilities include:
- Concrete and steel structure design – for example for power stations, spillways, penstocks, bridges and inlet structures
- Tunnelling design
- Roading design
- Drainage design
- CAD design
Our CAD design services include geometric design and 3D-modelling of alignments for roads, tunnels, canals and pipelines. We are also able to model earthworks, extrapolate volumes and produce rendered images for presentations and photo montages.
You can also have contract documentation prepared by us and use our project management and construction administration services. These include serving as Engineer-to-the-Contract.
Relevant project examples include:
- Opuha Dam, Canterbury: Structural design of spillway, power station and downstream weir structures
- Blackpoint Irrigation Scheme, North Otago: All structural design including underground pump stations, canals, intake structures and penstocks
- Lake Hood Dam, South Canterbury: 3D modelling of the earth fill dam and the lake
- Lee Valley Dam, Nelson: Feasibility study, concept design, geotechnical investigations, detailed design and resource consents
- Komarindi Hydro Station, Solomon Islands: Concept design, investigations and full detailed design including intake tunnel, access roads, and power station (not built)
- Arnold River Dam, West Coast: Concept design, investigations and full detailed design including intake tunnel, access roads, and power station (not built)