Tonkin + Taylor provides specialist designs for many of New Zealand’s largest roading projects. Working closely with other consultants and contractors, our staff develop optimal solutions to engineering challenges. These meet high levels of service and achieve environmental sustainability goals.
We provide design, development, project management and construction supervision for roading projects.
- Environmental management
- Resource consent services
- Geotechnical investigations and design
- Earthworks, slope stability and embankments design
- Catchment analysis, stormwater and drainage design
- Sediment treatment design and management
- Geometric design
- Traffic engineering
- Transportation planning
- Tunnel design
- Pavement design
- Construction monitoring supervision
- Project management
- Site testing and work certification
Recent examples include:
- Northern Gateway: This motorway project north of Auckland faced many construction challenges in an environmentally sensitive area, and included tunnels, bridges, deep-cuts and high fill embankments
- Waiōuru Peninsula Link in Auckland
- Mackay’s Crossing, SH1 north of Wellington
- Route PJK, Tauranga
- Hewletts Road Flyover, Tauranga
- Mercer - Longswamp Expressway in Waikato
- SH20 Māngere, Auckland
- Upper Harbour Highway and Mangere Bridge duplication, Auckland
- Waterview Connection, Auckland
- Ngaruawahia Bypass, Waikato
- Huntly Bypass, Waikato
- Memorial Park Underpass, Wellington
- Wellington Inner City Improvements
- SH2/58 Haywards Interchange, Hutt Valley.
We’ve also worked on roading projects throughout South-East Asia and the Pacific. These include the First World Bank Federal Highway Rehabilitation Project in Malaysia, significant roles in sections of the North South Highway in Malaysia and upgrades in Fiji and Samoa.