The ground beneath our city streets is valuable real estate and is quickly reaching saturation with services, sewers, stormwater lines and power and communication cables.
Future services will increasingly need to be installed deeper by tunnelling. Some of the world’s larger cities have even prepared underground district plans to try to co-ordinate future demand.
Major transport infrastructure is also being sucessfully built using modern tunnelling techniques in our major cities.
From concept to construction administration, we provide expertise in tunneling.
Our work includes:
- Hard rock and soft ground tunnels
- Portals and openings
- Untility and Transport tunnels
- Pipejacking and trenchless constuction.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Desktop geological studies, route selection, concept design, preliminary groundwater take and settlement assessment, consultation, AEE preparation and consent processes
- Detailed geotechnical investigations and assessment of effects on groundwater table and surface settlement
- Preparation of geotechnical interpretive reports
- and Geotechnical Baseline Reports (GBR)
- Design of temporary and permanent support
- Instrumentation and monitoring.
And we provide additional expert support in the form of:
- Project management
- Design management
- Value and risk management
- Preparation of contract documentation
- Procurement strategy
- Construction administration
- Engineer to the contract appointments
- Expert witness services
- Dispute resolution solutions.
Our reputation for quality work includes:
- NAL Rail tunnels - condition assessment and refurbishment
- City Rail Link - detail design, geotechnical investigations and construction phase services
- Mt Messenger by pass tunnel - concept and detailed design. Planning and environmental assessments
- High Street power tunnel, Auckland - concept design, investigations, consents, detailed design and construction administration
- Victoria Park motorway tunnel, Auckland - feasibility study and concept design
- Britomart Station tunnel, Auckland - investigations and detailed design
- Hobson Bay sewer tunnel, Auckland - concept design, investigations and consents
- Mount Eden loop rail tunnel, Auckland - feasibility study and concept design
- Royal Oak sewer tunnel, Auckland - investigations and detailed design
- Cosseys Tunnel, Auckland - investigations and concept design
- Vector Tunnel, Auckland - concept design, investigations, consents, detailed design, design management and construction administration
- North Shore sewer outfall tunnel, Auckland - concept designs, investigations, consents and preliminary design
- Waiwera motorway tunnels, Auckland - concept design, investigations, design management and construction administration
- Rotowara Coal Mine, Huntly - risk assessment of likelihood of old mining tunnels collapse
- Cobb hydropower diversion tunnel - condition survey
- Waterview motorway tunnels, Auckland – feasibility and concept studies, detailed geotechnical design and construction monitoring
- Parnell rail tunnel, Auckland – tunnel floor lowering detailed design and construction administration
- Purewa rail tunnel, Auckland – tunnel floor lowering detailed design and construction administration
- Southern Interceptor sewage tunnels, Auckland – concept investigation
- Caversham rail tunnel, Otago – condition assessment
- Wingatui rail tunnel, Otago – condition assessment
- Manapouri second tailrace tunnel, Manapouri - dewatering and temporary support design
- AGH water supply tunnel, Manila – investigations and detailed design
- Port Vila sewer tunnel – geotechnical investigations
- Komarindi hydropower intake tunnel, Guadalcanal in the Solomon Islands - feasibility study, investigations and detailed design
- Bakun hydropower intake tunnel, Bakun in Malaysia - expert geotechnical witness after
- Yen Chow and Nam Cheong underground rail stations, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia - geotechnical design and construction supervision.