Many of the projects we work on involve natural resources engineering. We are constantly designing engineering solutions that use land, water, mineral and renewable energy resources.
A number of natural resource engineers work for us on a wide range of projects. They collaborate with specialist geotechnical, water and civil engineers, and environmental scientists.
Our natural resources engineers complete a range of roles and tasks, including:
- Initial concepts
- Feasibility studies
- Detailed analysis
- Assessment of environmental effects
- Detailed design
- Project management
- Construction supervision
As specialist consultants, we often work on technically challenging projects that require protection and enhancement of local environments.
We do such work for a diverse range of clients – corporate, regional and local councils, developers, contractors and other consultants – in New Zealand and overseas.
A wide range of projects require natural resources engineering. We have contributed to:
- Dams (water supply, irrigation, hydro generation, waste treatment and flood/debris detention dams)
- Irrigation schemes
- Water supply systems
- Catchment management
- Wind farm infrastructure
- Stormwater control and treatment systems for urban areas and mines
- River and coastal engineering for flood mitigation and erosion control
- Sewerage and industrial effluent treatment
- Solid and hazardous waste facility engineering
- Natural hazards management and planning