Our Terrestrial Ecology team are experienced developers of revegetation plans for a diverse range of projects.
We have revegetation expertise that is associated with:
- Resource management planning (ecological mitigation and compensation of adverse effects)
- Stormwater management (planting for erosion control and stormwater treatment)
- Geotechnical engineering (planting for land stabilisation)
- Contaminated land (site rehabilitation)
- Urban and landscape design (amenity planting)
- Carbon ‘farming’ (planting to generate carbon credits)
Our main areas of expertise include:
- Survey and evaluation of vegetation to assess (for example) District Plan tree protection, significant vegetation areas and riparian buffer offsets.
- Preparation of revegetation planting plans as required for resource consent applications, or to meet conditions of resource consents.
- Review of landscape plans to ensure compliance with council requirements.
- Site preparation, weed and animal pest control programmes and planting techniques advice.
- Maintenance and monitoring programmes.
- Practical planting advice including materials, methods, cost estimates, numbers, density and layout.