Deep excavation design and construction requires sophisticated engineering expertise to achieve safe and economical solutions. It also requires understanding of geological challenges and the many design methods available today.
Our experienced geotechnical engineers specialise in complex soil structure interactions. Knowledge of these supports engineering geology and other specialist fields related to deep excavations.
We provide invaluable advice covering proven empirical solutions and the latest dynamic numerical methods. Our services range from specialist analysis to detailed design, giving you a cost-effective and appropriate solution for your structure.
Our experts have worked throughout New Zealand, South East Asia and the Pacific on:
- Urban basement construction
- Rail tunnels
- Road tunnels
- Hydroelectric power schemes
- Road and rail projects
- Port and harbour developments
- Water supply
- Landslip remediation
- Cliff development
In Auckland we have completed work on:
- Waterview Connection – specifically a 30 meter deep portal retention structure and TBM headwall design requiring complex 3D numerical analysis
- Auckland CBD basements - numerous deep basement designs for multi-storey buildings