We have developed a strong reputation for the design of innovative, practical and economic foundation solutions. We use highly developed design techniques, supported by computer analysis tools and field testing systems to ensure safe and efficient options.
Our team has extensive piling experience in a wide range of ground conditions, ranging from soft marine soils to strong rocks. Piling systems vary from friction micro piles, timber, precast or steel driven piles, and bored cast in situ concrete.
- Desk studies and preliminary assessment of piling options
- Site investigations, including specialist laboratory and field testing and instrumentation
- Assessment of alternative driven or bored pile foundation options
- Evaluation of pile driving methods and analysis of pile capacity (GRLWEAP)
- Detailed analysis of piles for bearing capacity, lateral capacity and load-displacement analysis, uplift capacity and negative friction
- Preparation of tailored specifications
- Experienced construction supervision
- Site testing and monitoring including pile load testing, pile dynamic analysis testing, pile integrity testing, cross hole seismic testing and video pile inspections
- Pile dynamics.
Pile Driving Analysis (PDA) testing for driven piles provides the opportunity for optimising design using confirmed capacities and higher load factors. Similarly, static testing, Osterberg cells and instrumentation of bored piles allow increased load factors.
We provide valuable advice at concept stage and assist throughout foundation design to ensure an optimal final solution. We also offer the full range of investigation, design and construction monitoring services for piling works.