Achieving sustainable catchment management solutions is a challenge facing urban communities all over the world.
Innovative strategies, expertise in a range of disciplines, a dynamic integration of environmental and engineering skills and leading edge technology are required to overcome this challenge.
We specialise in strategic planning and policy development and engage in multi-disciplinary planning, using science and engineering expertise to develop integrated catchment management plans.
This has cemented our reputation as one of New Zealand’s leading catchment management specialists.
Our team includes experts in:
- Water resource science and management
- Catchment and flood management planning
- Engineering design and management
- Catchment management and planning services
- Catchment hydrology analysis, including low flow and flood flow characteristics
- Stormwater modelling
- Assessment and modelling of stormwater quality
- Land-management strategy development to minimise natural hazard risks and provide environmental protection
- Flood management and stormwater treatment solution design
- Catchment management plan preparation
Our previous project examples include:
- Modelling and flood hazard assessment for numerous Auckland Council catchments.
- Modelling to assess the impact of the 2010/2011 earthquake sequence on flood levels in the wider Christchurch area.
- Integrated catchment studies for Metrowater involving investigations, modelling and analysis of stormwater and wastewater infrastructure in the Auckland CBD and vicinity catchments.
- Waihi Beach stormwater studies for Western Bay of Plenty District Council.
- Lucas Creek Catchment Management Plan for North Shore City Council.
- Integrated Source Management Model project for Watercare (winner of IPENZ Excellence Award).
- Kamo stormwater studies, Tait Street flood mitigation studies and implementation works for Whangarei District Council.
- Northern Gateway Alliance motorway project drainage works.
- Matata catchment studies and remedial works for Whakatane District Council